By default, only Admins and Account Owners can access the Reports section of Copper. However, they have the option to give users permission to view and edit.
This article covers:
How to Grant Reports Permissions to Users
If you have edit access, you can grant report permissions to users by:
- Opening the Reports section of Copper in our web app. Click on the pie chart icon in the purple sidebar.
- Within the Reports area, click on the gear icon in the top right corner. This will open an option called "Configure Report Permissions."
- After clicking "Configure Report Permissions," you will see a popup containing a list of users and their current permission levels. Account Owners and Admins will always have "Can edit" selected, whereas users will have "No access" selected by default. Select the right permission level for each user.
- Click Save!
- New permissions are typically added at the time of the next data refresh - currently happens four times a day. However, it may take up to 24 hours in some cases. If it is taking longer, please contact our team using the in-app messenger icon.
There are three permission levels:
“Can edit”: Users can view all shared dashboards, create new dashboards, build their own insights, and grant access to other users.
“Can view”: Users can only view and export dashboards shared with them. They won’t be able to create new dashboards or build their own insights.
- "No access": Users cannot access the reports area at all.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take for the changes to take effect?
Generally, changes are tied to the data refresh process, which happens four times per day. However, it may take up to 24 hours in some cases. If it is taking longer, please contact our team using the in-app messenger icon.
Are report permissions linked to Team Visibility settings?
No, they are controlled independently from Team Visibility settings on a per-user basis.
If a user has "No Access" permission, can they still receive scheduled emails?
Yes, they can still receive scheduled emails containing dashboard PDFs or insight exports. But they will not be able to access the reports, dashboard, and insights through Copper.
Can I remove reports access for an Admin?
No, each admin will always have "Can Edit" access.