Sometimes it is necessary to bulk edit records. Maybe you added a new field to your system and want to update existing records with the value, or maybe you switched emails and need to reassign records to the new email. This example will go over switching records to a new owner.
Before you do this, please go to Settings -> Notifications and make sure you turn off notifications so you do not get spammed when you do this.
Here's how you bulk edit your records:
1. Sign into your Copper account, and click the record type you're looking to bulk edit from the left-hand menu.
2. Filter what you want to edit. In this example, I only want to see opportunity records owned by Harry.
4. Select all the records you need to change by checking the box to the left of each one.
5. Click the pen icon.
6. You'll see a records editor appear to the right of the page. This is where you can indicate the bulk changes you want to take place. In my example, I'll edit the 'Owner' field.
7. Click the blue 'Update' button.
8. To reconfirm you're ready to make changes to a bulk amount of records, click 'Yes, Submit Changes.'
9. Wait for a black pop up notification to appear confirming that all records have been updated. If the black pop up does not appear, it means the records did not save. Check your wifi connection and try again. If it does not work after one or two tries, please write into support.