When a call is made from the Copper web app it passes through multiple systems. If a call fails, it can be a challenging task to identify which component caused the failure. Here are some guidelines to help troubleshoot connectivity issues.
If any segment in a connection fails, the user will complain of a bad call experience. However, we can only influence the beginning segments in the connection (grid 1 and 2 below).
The steps below are provided to troubleshoot a specific issue when a call is initiated in a browser but the call actually never goes through.
With these steps we can at least rule out (or confirm) if the bad connection is caused by Copper.
- Right click on the call bar
- In the pop up menu select “Inspect”
- A new window will open titled “Developer Tools - https:// …”
- In the new pop up window select “Console”
- Click on the icon in the top left corner
- Select “Errors” from the filter menu. If you see any red messages on your list then take a screenshot of it and send it to
If there are no errors, here are some tips for possible major connectivity issues:
Browser connection issues
RingCentral server connectivity issues
Callee’s connection issues