Sometimes you might have spaces behind your people or company names and not even know it! At the moment, Copper does not have a way to search for trailing spaces in the system, but here is a nifty tool to search for them.
Download the free add-on called"Power Tools" from Productivity.
Steps to install:
1. import your data to a Google sheet using the Google sheets add on
2. Open up the spreadsheet of Google contacts you exported and check for duplicates by downloading an Add-on called "Power Tools" from Productivity. Follow the screenshots for instructions.
3. Click to download "Power Tools"
4. After it has been added, highlight the row you want to find spaces and go to the drop down menu and select "Power Tools" -> "Remove." Follow the Steps to have it remove entries that have leading and trailing spaces and two spaces within one cell.
5. After you have cleaned up the spaces, re-import your data and see if that solves the issue of duplicates.