Our iOS and Android apps have a native feature to import and auto-sync your device's contact directly into Copper. Once imported or synced, they'll be visible through the mobile apps, web app, or Chrome Extension so you can always access them.
Importing contacts from iOS or Android
To import contacts from your iOS or Android contacts:
- Open the iOS or Android app on your device
- Click the "More" button in the lower right corner
- Select Import Contacts.
- You'll see a list of your contacts - check off the ones you'd like to bring into Copper. Or click Select All at the top right corner.
- Click Continue and then Start.
- If any duplicates were detected, you'll have the option to merge them with your existing Copper contact.
- Click Done.
Once you've done your first import, you'll have the option to turn on or off the auto-sync features in the app.
Auto-syncing contacts from iOS or Android
After you've completed an import from mobile, you'll see an option to enable auto-sync.
This option will automatically add new contacts from your device into Copper.
Before turning on this option, keep in mind the following:
- The contacts need to have an email address or phone number to be synced into Copper. If they don’t have either of those, they will be skipped over.
- The frequency of the sync is managed by your device's operating system and will depend on factors such as whether your device is connected to wifi and how much battery it has left.
- Generally, when the Copper app is left open and running, contacts on an iOS device will sync within 30 minutes and contacts on an Android device will sync within 6 hours.
- If you are automatically syncing your device contacts to Google Contacts, then they will not be included in the Copper auto-sync. Copper automatically skips any Google Contacts to avoid duplication based on our Google Contacts sync feature.
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.