Check our quick video on searching in Copper and we'll go into more detail below.
Understand Copper Global Search
You can search for a contact, opportunity, keyword or a system or custom field value. Search will show suggested results as you type and they will be grouped by record type. You can view "all results" by hitting enter on your keyboard, or by clicking "view all results."
Additionally, you can narrow your search results by entering the record type. Looking for 'Acme Inc,' you can search 'Acme Inc Company' to display results that match 'Acme Inc.' in Companies.
Run a search
- Sign into your Copper account.
- Click inside of the search bar located at the top of the screen. You'll notice your most recent search results displayed below the search bar when you do. This helps you return to content easily.
- Start to type in your search term. You'll see results start to populate below the search bar and are grouped by entity. Search will also bring the most relevant results up first.
- If you see the result you are searching for, click on it to view it.
- If you don't see the result you are searching for, or you want to see all results, you can either hit the 'Enter' key on your keyboard, or click on the 'See All Results' link right below the search bar. Additionally, you can narrow your search by typing in the entity type in the search bar (ex. "company: Acme Inc").
- If you are viewing 'All Results' you can filter by entity type to narrow down your search. You can pre-filter your search by typing the entity type, followed by a colon and the search term. For example, you can search for "People: John", and only records for people with the name John will appear.
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.