Have a question or feature request about Reports? Post it in our Community!
Reports is our built-in tool that allows you to harness your Copper data. It enables you to set up Dashboards with metrics, KPIs, graphs, and charts, and to share them with your colleague via email or PDF export.
As a starting point, we’ll take you through these key areas to help you get your first Dashboard up in just a few minutes.
- Reports, Dashboards, and Insights
- Dashboard Templates
- Dashboard Filters
- Editing Your Dashboard
- Sharing Dashboards
- Reports Resources
Reports, Dashboards, and Insights
Let’s walk through some of the terms you’ll see in this article.
A Dashboard is a collection of graphs, charts, and values that are displayed on a single page.
Each of those graphs, charts, and values is called an Insight.
The area in Copper where you access your Dashboards and Insights is called Reports. If you are a Copper admin, you can access it by clicking the Reports icon in the Copper web app.
The easiest way to get started is to use a Dashboard template. Once a Dashboard is created, you can further customize it. We’ll dive into that in a later section.
To create a Dashboard from a template:
- Navigate to the Reports section in Copper.
- Near the top left side, click on Add a New Dashboard.
- Select Start with a Template.
- A page with a selection of templates will open up. Browse through our templates and select the one you’d like to use.
- Click Add to Dashboard.
The page will reload with your new Dashboard.
You can narrow in on the information you want to see on a Dashboard by applying a filter. Simply click on one of the filtering options near the top of your Dashboard.
This is the most common type of filtering. For advanced filtering options, visit this article.
Editing Your Dashboard
To edit a Dashboard, simply click on the Edit button.
The Edit button opens the Dashboard editor. Here are some things you can do there:
- Rename a Dashboard by clicking on its title and editing it.
- Add descriptions to each section by clicking Add Description Here.
- Apply a filter to your Dashboard. For example, you might choose to filter based on the pipeline you want this Dashboard to look at.
- Reorder the Insights by dragging and dropping them.
- Remove an Insight by selecting it and clicking the trash can icon.
- Add an Insight by dragging and dropping it from the Insight list on the left.
Remember to click Save & Publish after making your adjustments!
The easiest way to share your Dashboard is to open it and click the three dots [...] in the top right corner. There, you’ll see options for exporting to PDF or scheduling an email.