Copper offers three different subscription plans, each on monthly or yearly payments. You can manage these payments in the 'Billing' and 'Invoices' account settings. Only the account owner will have access to these settings links. A standard admin or user will not see them.
In this article, we'll tackle the following:
Subscribe to Copper
Before you subscribe to Copper, you may want to make a list of essential people on your team who should have access. This is because we charge per user.
You'll also want to review our three subscription plans, as each plan upgrade gives you access to more features.
Copper accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diner's Club, and JCB. You will be billed in US Dollars. Copper does not accept cheques, postal orders, or pay by phone.
Only the account owner can make choices around billing and invoices. To change your account owner, please submit a request here.
When you're ready to subscribe, take the following steps:
- Sign into your Copper account, and click 'Settings' from the left-hand menu.
- Click the 'Billing' link in the 'Account' section.
- Review the different plans and related features in our side by side comparison.
- Select the plan you would like to subscribe to by clicking the appropriate button.
- Now, let’s review the two sections of the checkout page. At the top you’ll select the details of your plan. At the bottom you’ll enter payment information.
- In the top section you'll see the plan you've selected (in this case, 'Professional Edition.') You can click the 'Change' link to choose a different subscription plan.
- To the right of that, you'll see a monthly or annual billing option. Annual subscriptions pay a lower amount per user, per month. You’ll be notified of these savings in both the ‘Billing Cycle’ section, as well as under the total.
- Below the monthly or annual billing options, you'll see a drop-down menu that lets you choose the number of seats you want to purchase. We charge per user, so the total amount will increase as you add more seats.
- Now let's move to the bottom section. Here, you'll fill out your payment info. Specifically, we'll ask for your credit card info (name, card number and expiration) and your billing address. Click the ‘Purchase Subscription’ button once you've filled this all out:
- Review our Terms of Service, and click 'Agree to Terms of Service.'
- You may see a pop-up box that indicates your account activation is in progress. When it changes to a pop-up box telling you 'Account Activated!,' click 'Got it.'
Access to invoices
You might need an invoice to show your Finance Team or help with budgeting. To access an invoice, follow the steps below:
1. Sign into Copper, and click 'Settings' from the left-hand menu.
2. Click the 'Invoices' link in the 'Account' section (this link will not be visible if you're still on a free trial). You'll see a page that looks like this:
3. If you click the number of the invoice, you'll see the invoice details within the Copper app.
4. If you click the 'Download' link, you'll download a PDF version of the invoice.
Request edits to your invoice
Some of you may have special requests around how information should appear on your invoice. Check out the details of what we can do below:
- We can change your company name on your invoice after it has posted.
- We can add your Tax or VAT ID to your invoice after it has posted.
- We cannot change your listed billing address on your invoice after it has posted.
Update your billing information
If you need to change out your credit card in Copper, make sure you're the Account Owner, and navigate to Settings > Billing.
Click "Change" in the Payment Method section of the billing page.
Enter your updated billing information and click "Update".
Increase your seat count
It’s important to understand the difference between adding a User to Copper and adding a Seat to Copper.
- If you’ve initially purchased 3 seats for your Copper account, you’ll need to fill those seats by adding a user.
- If you’ve already added 3 users to your account that has 3 seats, and now you need to increase the total number of users you can add, you’ll need to increase your seat count.
Increasing your seat count means that you’re adding additional licenses to your Copper account and will increase your total cost per month.
- To increase your seat count, make sure you’re the Account Owner so you have access to the Billing section.
- Below your Plan Type and Billing Cycle, you’ll see a dropdown box for Number of Seats.
- Click the dropdown and select the new total number of seats for your account.
- We’ll then show you the increase to your billing cycle, as well as your new total.
- Click “Apply” to institute the change.
Change your plan
As the Account Owner, you also have the ability to change the level of your plan in Copper. For instance, if you need to unlock additional features by moving from the Basic level to the Professional level, you can do so here.
- To upgrade your account, navigate to Settings > Billing.
- In the upper left corner, you'll find your current Plan Type
- Click 'Change'
- Review the plan options to understand which features you'll be unlocking, as well as the difference in price.
- Select the appropriate plan.
- Review your selection and click "Upgrade".
- Enjoy your new features and functionality in Copper!
Please note: If you are looking to downgrade your plan, please submit a ticket for our support team, as downgrading will remove access to features and must be manually processed.
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.