Our native MailChimp integration lets you export leads or people from Copper into MailChimp email campaigns and audiences.
Here, we’ll discuss how to:
- Set up the Mailchimp Integration
- Export Contacts from Copper to a MailChimp audience
- Remove Copper Contacts from MailChimp
We also have an FAQ section at the bottom for extra questions about the Mailchimp integration.
Set up the Mailchimp Legacy integration
Let’s run through the steps to set up the integration between your Copper account and Mailchimp.Note: You’ll need to have Manager permissions in your Mailchimp account and be in admin in Copper to set up or disable this integration.
- Create a MailChimp account if you don’t already have one.
- Sign into your MailChimp account, and click your name in the upper right.
- Select 'Account' from the drop-down menu:
- Click the 'Extras' in-page drop-down menu, and select 'API Keys':
- Scroll down to the 'Your API Keys' box, and click the option to 'Create a Key':
- Copy the API key that's generated:
- Sign into your Copper account, and click 'Settings' from the left-hand menu.
- Click 'Integrations' from the 'Customize Copper' section.
- Click the 'Connect' button to the right of the MailChimp listing:
- Paste the API Key you generated in your MailChimp account into the pop-up box that appears here in your Copper Account, then click 'Enable':
- You should now see a ‘'Disconnect' button under the MailChimp listing, confirming you are all set to go!
Export contacts from Copper to a MailChimp audience
- Sign into your Copper account, and select 'Leads' or 'People' from the left-hand menu.
- Check the box at the top of the page to select all leads or people in the page. Alternatively, you can individually check boxes next to the people you'd like to add.
- Select the ellipses above the list of records, and choose 'Add to MailChimp' from the drop down.
- In the box that appears, check a box for each audience you'd like to send your leads or people to, and click 'Subscribe':
- When you return to the lead or person record you just added to your MailChimp audience, you'll see a 'MailChimp' section in the 'Related' section of the profile. You'll see a button to view this in MailChimp:
- Sign into your Copper account, and select 'Leads' or 'People' records from the left-hand menu.
- Check the box to the left of the record you wish to remove.
- Click the three dots above the list of records, and choose 'Remove from MailChimp' from the drop-down menu:
- To confirm the change was made successfully, click the name of a contact and double check the 'MailChimp' section of their profile on the left-hand side. You should no longer see the MailChimp audience or campaign listed in the ‘Related’ section.
Still having trouble? Please view our video on how to connect MailChimp.
Disabling the Mailchimp API Key
If you no longer use the Copper-Mailchimp integration, follow these steps to disable the API key:
- First, sign into your MailChimp account. Click your profile name to expand the Account Panel and choose 'Account.'
- Click the 'Extras' menu and choose 'API keys.' If you don’t see this option, you may need to check if you Mailchimp account has Manager permissions.
- Find the MailChimp API key and click the 'Disable' link in the 'Status' column for that API key.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which fields can the integration add to MailChimp?
First name, last name, and email address. If you would like to sync more fields, you will need to use the New Mailchimp integration.
What happens if I try to add a Lead or Person from Copper that already exists in Mailchimp?
If the contact is already in your MailChimp account, we update the existing MailChimp record.
Can I sync contacts from Mailchimp to Copper?
The native integration between Copper and Mailchimp allows you to sync leads and people from Copper to Mailchimp. For two-way syncing, please check out our new and improved Mailchimp integration.
How do I import custom fields from Copper into MailChimp?
This version of the integration does not support custom field syncing, so you would need to manually export and import that data. But our new Mailchimp integration can sync custom fields automatically - check it out!
How do I know which MailChimp audiences and campaigns a lead or person has been added to?
You can see this in the MailChimp section under the ‘Related’ tab in the person or lead record
How many campaigns and audiences can I load?
Our integration will sync up to 25 campaigns and 10 audiences. This means if you create a 26th campaign, it won't be synced with the integration.