If you need to build your own reports to capture the data that's uniquely meaningful to your business we offer the Copper CRM Custom Report Builder, a Google Sheets add-on.
The Custom Report Builder will import your Copper data into Google Sheets, where you can make meaningful data correlations or export to another reporting tool of your choice.
In this article, we'll tackle the following:
- Install the Custom Report Builder
- Import data with the Custom Report Builder
- Practice building a custom report
You can install the Customer Report Builder here.
1. Open a Google Sheet, and click 'Add-ons' from the upper menu.
2. Select 'Copper CRM Custom Report Builder' from the menu, then choose 'Import Data' from the sub-menu attached to it.
3. In the menu bar that appears on the right side of the Google Sheet, sign into your Copper account.
4. Choose what type of record you want to import from the first drop-down menu, and choose a filter from the second drop down menu.
5. Click the blue 'Import Data' button. The import may take a few minutes depending on how much data you're bringing into the sheet.
6. You should see a new sheet tab appear in the existing sheet once your data imports.
7. You can import multiple sets of data separately by clicking the blue 'Start new import' button once it appears at the right. Each new set of data will create a new tab along the bottom of the sheet.
Note: Clicking update data icon will update the Google Sheet with the newest import. Any formatting and saved changes will but overridden by the import.
Pro-Tip: To create reports and customize the imported data, you can duplicate the Google Sheet and perform all the customization on the duplicate sheet. When you run the import again, only the original sheet of the imported data will be updated.
Let’s look at a common use case for the Custom Report Builder: a sales performance dashboard. Just setup the Custom Report Builder to import your Copper CRM data. Then click refresh whenever you want the latest results. To make it even easier, we built this report for you. Click here to get access to our 'Company Performance Dashboard' template with step-by-step instructions.
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.