Please submit a request for a separate process if you are removing an account owner or if you have a single user account.
Copper allows you to change your email (or swap out a user) with a couple simple steps. This article will walk you through on how to reassign relationships to a new email or user.
When deleting a user, none of the records, emails, or activities that belonged to the user will be deleted. All the information that belonged to the user will stay. However, the records and activities that were assigned to the user will become unassigned, and owned by no one.
If you are okay with the records being unassigned, feel free to go ahead and delete the user. If you want to reassign them before deleting the user, or put a tag on them to identify which ones used to belong to the old user, please follow the steps below.
1. Tag all records and entities (Companies, People, Opportunities, etc.) belonging to the old email or old user:
a. filter by Owner
b. click pen icon to edit
c. Add a tag called "new person" or something and click Update
2. Go to Settings --> Company Users
3. Delete the old email/user
4. You will see the message below. When deleting a user, none of the records, emails, or activities that belonged to them will be deleted. However, the records and activities that were assigned to them will become unassigned, and owned by no one. Which is why we told you to tag the records so you can reassign them by tags later.
As long as you have tagged all records, or are okay with the records being unassigned, click "delete and lose relationships."
5. Invite the new email/user
6. Reassign everything that was tagged to the new email
7. Go to Settings --> Billing and make sure the seat count is correct
tags: change email delete user switch user old employee new employee transfer owner transfer ownership