If you experience a bug, we would like you to follow these steps.
- Download Open Broadcast Software Studio (https://obsproject.com/download)
Select "Download Installer"
- Install OBS Studio. Double-click the OBS Studio installer file.
- Open OBS Studio
- If you wish to use toe Auto-Configuration Wizard
Select, Optimize just for recording, I will not be streaming and select Next and Next again then Apply Settings
- Add your computer's Display as a Source by clicking the + icon below the "Sources" heading, and select Display Capture, click OK at the bottom of the "New Capture" window, and if you have a multi-monitor setup, select which monitor. Click OK at the bottom of the subsequent window.
- You may need to resize the window if the red outline is sticking outside the border.
Once you finish this you do not have to do the above steps again.
- From here you can start recording by selecting "Start Recording" on the bottom right corner of the OBS Studio window. Then stop recording by clicking Stop Recording in the bottom-right corner again.
- Fix the OBS Studio "Failed to start recording" error if needed. In some cases, you'll see an error that says "Starting the output failed.
To fix this error:
- Click OK on the error message.
- Click Settings on the lower-right side of the OBS Studio window.
- Click Output in the upper-left side of the Settings window.
- Click the "Encoder" drop-down box.
- Click Software (x264) in the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply, then click OK