Tags are keywords or phrases that can be added to a record (lead, person, company, opportunity, project or task), then used to associate all records with that same tag.
In this module, we'll tackle the following:
When you add a tag to a record, you can then pull all records with that tag together in a single place. This can be done in Settings > Tag Management. If you'd prefer to build a report around tags, you can do so in our Custom Report Builder.
Think about reasons why you need to associate records together? Create a tag for each reason.
Pro tip: Keep the list of tags small, and make the tags short and descriptive.
- Sign into your Copper account, and click your desired record type from the left-hand menu.
- Click the name of the record you want to add a tag to.
- In the left-hand column of the record's profile, scroll down to the 'Tags' field, and enter the first few letters of your tag. One of two things will happen:
- If the tag already exists, select it from the list.
- If the tag doesn't exist, select the 'New Tag' option from the list to create a new one.
- Sign into your Copper account, and select 'Settings' from the left-hand menu.
- Select 'Tag Management' from the 'Customize Copper' section.
- In the page, you'll see a list of your existing tags:
- Let's explore the features of this page:
- In the 'Related Records' column at center, you can click the record type this tag is associated with, and see all the related records.
- The pencil icon at the right lets you rename the existing tag. The new name will be reflected in all currently-tagged records as well as in the list of existing tags when you add it to a new record.
- The trash can icon at the right lets you delete the tag from your system. This will remove the tag from all existing tagged records, and it will show up as a new tag to be created if you try to add it again.
*Please note that you will not be able to sort by Related Records or by Reverse Tag Name.
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.