Our integration with PieSync ensures you can have a 2-way sync with your contacts between Copper and another app. That means when you update a contact in Copper, the update is synced to the other app, and vice versa.
In this module, we'll tackle the following:
If you need to share contact information with another app, you likely want the assurance that the updates in one platform are also updated on the other platform. For example, if you want to share contacts between Copper and MailChimp, and you update a contact's information in Copper, you want that update reflected on the same contact's profile in MailChimp. PieSync is the connector that makes this 2-way sync possible. This eliminates the need to export, then import, to update information. It also reduces overall data entry.
PieSync integrates Copper with 100+ other business apps for an intelligent and automatic 2-way contact sync. Popular syncs include Google Contacts, Saleforce, Zendesk and many more. Check out our full list of apps you can sync contacts with using the PieSync integration.
You may know you can use our other Zapier integration to connect two apps together, so why would you choose PieSync instead?
- PieSync offers a 2-way sync. Zapier does not.
- PieSync works with data that existed prior to installing PieSync. For example, if you have a contact in Copper, then you install PieSync to connect Copper to another app, your existing contact will be synced to the other app. Zapier does not touch data that existed in your account prior to installing it.
- Click here, and enter your email address in the sign-up screen in the upper right.
- You'll be redirected to a signup page, where you can center your name, a password, and a few more details about your business and goals. Click 'Signup' when done.
- Sign into your PieSync account.
- Click 'Connections' in the upper left.
- Scroll down in the list and select 'Copper.'
- Then select the app you'd like Copper to sync contacts with.
- On the resulting screen, you'll be asked to authorize each app for the sync. You must have an API Key to authorize Copper. If you don't know how to get a Copper API Key, follow these instructions:
- Sign into Copper and click 'Settings' from the lefthand menu.
- Click 'API Keys' from the 'Preferences' section.
- Click the blue 'Generate API Key' button. Your new API key will appear in the white box in the center of the page.
- Highlight and copy your API Key.
- Return to the PieSync screen and enter your email address associated with Coper, followed by pasting the API key in. Click the blue 'Next' button.
- On the resulting page, you'll configure your sync settings. This includes deciding if you want a 1-way or 2-way sync, and letting the system know which fields in each account map to each other. When you're ready to kick things off, click the blue 'Start Syncing.' button.
Need further help getting your PieSync settings just right? Check out PieSync's Help Center.