If you want to surpass the data limitation of the Google Data Studio Connector, you can use our Custom Report Builder (a Google Sheets add-on) to pull data into Google Data Studio. This article explains how.
Import and connect your Copper data to Google Data Studio
There are two parts to connecting Copper to Data Studio:
- Importing Copper data into a Google Sheet
- Connecting the Sheet to Google Data Studio
Part 1 - Import your Copper Data into a Google Sheet
- Import your data using the Copper Google Sheets Add-on
- Once the Add-on is installed, go to Add-ons
- Select Copper CRM Custom Report Builder --> Import data
- When the side panel pops up on the right, choose what you’d like to import. In this example, we’ll be using Opportunities
- Select the appropriate pipeline - we’ll be using Sales in this example
- Choose a filter from the dropdown if you’re looking to segment your import at all.
- Once you’ve selected what you’re importing, click “Import Data”. Note: It may take a few minutes for the data to load in your Sheet, depending on the volume of records.
Part 2 - Connect your Copper Import to a report in Google Data Studio
- Open Google Data Studio and click the “+” to create a new report
- Once a blank report opens, in the bottom right, select “Create New Data Source’
- Under Connectors, select Google Sheets
- Select the appropriate Spreadsheet & Tab with your imported data (i.e. “All Opportunities - Sales”)
- Define Optional Range as "A2:BB" (where BB is the right-most column).
Note: This is because CRB uses two rows for column headers. The first row is the API field name (normally hidden) and the second is the plain text field name. Defining the optional range enables us to the plain text column names.
- Do not include a number after "BB", like "A2:BB700". If you did this, then it would ignore data below row 700.
- Unfortunately, deleting row 1 (API field names) would only temporarily resolve this issue. When you refresh the data with CRB, the sheet will be overwritten, which will restore both rows of column headers
- Add to Report, using default configuration
Now you're Copper data is successfully connected to a new Google Data Studio report. Ready to try your first custom report? Here are the instructions to create Average Deal Size by Month!
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.