The Zendesk integration displays the New, Open, Pending and On Hold Zendesk tickets associated with a lead, person, company, opportunity in the ‘Related’ section of that record. This feature is currently in beta.
In this module, we'll tackle the following:
Understand the Zendesk Integration
For each ticket shown, the following details are displayed:
- Date and Time (at which the ticket was created). Tickets are sorted by creation date in the display.
To the right of each ticket, you can click the icon to open the ticket in Zendesk:
NOTE: Solved and Closed ticket will not be displayed.
The list of tickets is as long as you select when setting up the integration. Below the initial number of tickets displayed, you can click to expand the list.
Tickets are displayed in order of created date.
Tickets show up on each record based on a unique identifier for that record type. For lead and person records, we pull in tickets associated with the email address on the record. For company records, we pull in tickets associated with the email domain of the company. For opportunity records, we use the email domain of the company associated to the opportunity (if it exists). If not, we'd use the email domain of the company of the primary contact on the opportunity (if it exists). If we still don't have that information, we use the email address of the primary contact on the opportunity.
Follow the steps below to set it up:
- Sign into your Copper account, and click ‘Settings.’
- Choose the ‘Integrations’ link.
- Locate the Zendesk integration, and click ‘Connect.
- Enter the first part of your Zendesk subdomain:
- Enter the email address of the person who signed into Zendesk, and created the Zendesk API token for this integration:
- Enter your Zendesk API token for this integration:
- Click ‘Enable.’
- On the landing page for the Zendesk integration, check a box next to each record type you’d like to display tickets on:
- Select the number of tickets displayed at a given time (you can always expand this list in the record):
- If you want to restrict who can see the ticket display via the Zendesk integration, you can do so in Teams and Visibility Permissions.