Check out this article for information on what we're doing and what you can do to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Last updated: 9/12/2019
What is the GDPR?
Effective in May 2018, the European Union updated its data protection regulations. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulates how companies access and process the data of people in the European Union (EU). This applies to all companies who do business with people that are EU persons, regardless of where the company is based.
You can review details of how GDPR requires protection of personal data here.
How is Copper compliant with the GDPR?
Copper has an active data privacy compliance program, which includes taking the following actions to protect our EU customers’ data and remain GDPR compliant.
- We follow the GDPR data processing requirements.
- We contractually require relevant third-party service providers to support our obligations under GDPR.
- We publish a list of all third-party providers we work with who may access customer data.
- We use safeguards to protect customer data.
- We provide privacy and information training to all employees interacting with customer data.
- We maintain a security incident response program.
- We are regularly audited by a third party to test our vulnerability risks.
Where can I get more information?
You’re always invited to ask questions in our community. You’ll receive an answer from fellow customers or our Customer Success Team.
To learn more about this topic, visit eugdpr.org.
How can I view and sign your Data Processing Agreement (DPA)?
Our Data Processing Agreement (DPA) which is attached at the bottom of this article, requires Copper to take many of the actions described above, as required under GDPR.
If you are a current Copper customer and wish to complete the DPA, please download and sign the attached version, then email the signed copy to email@example.com.