The QuickBooks Online integration will display QuickBooks invoices associated with a lead, person, company, or opportunity in the ‘Related’ section of that record.
In this module, we'll tackle the following:
- Understand the QuickBooks Integration
- Set Up the QuickBooks Integration
- Video Example
- Common Questions
Watch as one of Copper's engineers walks you through a demo of the integration, and then read below for more detailed instructions.
Understand the QuickBooks Integration
The QuickBooks integration displays the QuickBooks invoices and estimates associated with a lead, person, company, or opportunity in the ‘Related’ section of that record. This is what it will look like on each record:
And here is a close up, which includes a view of how estimates are displayed as well:
For each invoice or estimate shown, the following details are displayed:
- Invoice/Estimate Name/Number
- Due Date
- Total Due
- Balance Due (not shown on Estimates)
Clicking on the invoice or estimate name will pop up a full view of the selected item.
The number of invoices and estimates displayed will correspond with the number you choose when setting up the integration. Below the initial number of invoices and estimates displayed, you can click to expand the list.
Invoices and estimates are displayed in order of created date.
Invoices and estimates show up on each record based on a unique identifier for that record type. For Lead and Person records, we pull in invoices and estimates associated with the email address on the record. For Company records, we pull in invoices and estimates associated with the email addresses of all people related to that company. For Opportunity records, we pull in invoices and estimates associated with the email addresses of all people related to the opportunity and for all people related to the opportunity’s related companies.
Set up the QuickBooks Integration
Follow the steps below to set it up:
- Sign into your Copper account, and click ‘Settings.’
- Choose the ‘Integrations’ link.
- Locate the QuickBooks integration, and click ‘Connect.
- Follow the prompt to login to your QuickBooks account using your User ID and password or sign in using Google:
- Click Connect to authorize QuickBooks to securely share your data with Copper:
- On the landing page for the QuickBooks integration, check a box next to each record type you’d like to display tickets on.
- Select the number of tickets displayed at a given time (you can always expand this list in the record).
- Choose whether you'd like the integration to display Invoices, Estimates, or both.
- Choose which field to sort both Invoices and Estimates by:
- If you want to restrict who can see the ticket display via the QuickBooks integration, you can do so in Teams and Visibility Permissions.
- Will this integration work with QuickBooks desktop?
- No, it will only work with QuickBooks Online.
- Can I connect a non Copper user's QuickBook account to my Copper account?
- Yes, as long as you have their QuickBooks's username and password.
- Will this integration work if a QuickBooks record has multiple addresses linked to it?
- We match records in QuickBooks based on the primary email associated to the Lead or Person Record in Copper. We do not match on CC, BCC fields.
If you're interested in learning more about Quickbooks and their small business account software, check them out here.
If you would like to share any feedback or comments on this native integration, feel free to contact our support team using the in-app chat or create a post in our community forum.