This Workflow Automation recipe will automate the cloning of a "Won" opportunity into a post-sales pipeline.
More specifically, when we mark an Opportunity as Won in a the Sales pipeline, Copper will automatically create a duplicate Opportunity, marked as "Open", in the first stage of an Onboarding pipeline, and add "Onboarding" to the Opportunity name.
Please note: you must have Admin privileges in order to create a workflow automation.
Duplicating an Opportunity into a Post-Sales pipeline
- “Once a deal is signed, there needs to be a seamless handoff to our implementation team, who have a separate pipeline for their process."
Create Renewal Opportunity
- “Our service is an annual subscription and we need to win that deal again every year.”
- Save time on manually creating an Opportunity and remove need to re-enter data
- Ensures that new Opportunity is created every time, removing possibility of human error
- Data consistency and accuracy across duplicate Opportunities
- Click Settings > Workflow Automation and then click “Add New”
- Name your workflow something recognizable. In this example, we’ll call it “Create Onboarding Opportunity”
- Define the trigger as based on an Opportunity and the trigger type as “Is Created or Updated to Match”
- Add 2 trigger conditions:
- When the Pipeline Equals Sales (or whichever pipeline you prefer)
- When Status Equals Won.
- Set Filter Conditions to “All of the conditions are met (AND)”
When you’re finished, your trigger should look like this:
- Define the Action type as “Create” and what it is updating as “Opportunity”
- Add the following fields to your Action:
- Name - Use a Formula - CONCAT(name, ": Onboarding")
- Pipeline - Standard - Onboarding
- Primary Contact - Use a Formula - primary_contact_id
- Value - Use a Formula - monetary_value
- Owner - Use a Formula - assignee_id
When you're finished, your Action should look like this:
- Save your workflow
- Turn on your workflow