Google Data Studio is an easy to use system that lets you create custom visualizations of your Copper data. To make things even easier, we’ve created Data Studio templates for some of our most popular reports.
This article will walk you through the simple steps to copy a Data Studio reporting template and connect your own data sources so you can gain insights from your Copper data.
After walking through this example, you’ll be able to apply the same steps to for other Data Studio report templates.
Let's get started.
For our example we will use the template for Opportunity by Close Quarter report. This report will show Total Value of Opportunities over time, breakdown by owner, and All Opportunities.
- Start by opening a ‘View Only’ report template. Templates can be accessed in the Copper web app if you are an Account Owner or Admin by navigating to Settings > Reports > Data Studio Reports.
You can also find reports in the Google Data Studio Reporting section of our Help Center.
- This example report will include example data that you will switch out for your own data. You can open the template here:
- In Copper, create an API key. You’ll need this key in a moment.
- Navigate to Settings > Integrations > API Keys and click ‘Generate’
- Please note, only Copper Admin can generate API keys.
- Click ‘Select a Data Source’
- Select ‘Create New Data Source’
- Search for and select ‘Copper’
- This will vary and be specified by template.
- For this example, select Opportunities.
- If you're following the template, no changes are necessary here.