With the Square integration, you can:
- View Square Invoices summary within People, Company and Opportunity records
- View and filter payment statuses including historical payments
- Create an ad-hoc order/invoice and send directly from Copper
These actions are included with the free version of the integration. Our integration partner, three60.io, also offers product mapping, custom invoices, and recurring payments on their paid integration tiers. Click here for details on the more advanced integration.
This article will cover how to set up and use the basic version of the Square integration.
Connecting Square for the first time
- Sign into your Copper account, and click ‘Settings.’
- Choose the ‘Integrations’ link.
- Locate the Square integration tile, and click ‘Connect'.
Install the App
- Choose the modules where you'd like to enable the app
- The app can only be positioned in the Related (Right Panel).
- Click ‘Connect' to install the app in Copper.
Authorize the app
Once admin users have been verified (typically done within 48 hours from request) the next step is authorizing the Square App.
Head back to Copper to proceed with the authorization.
Only verified admin users will be able to see this step. By clicking on the Authorize Square button you'll be presented with the Square Authorization popup, where you need to login and allow permissions.
If the authorization process was successful, you'll be presented with a success message.
At this point, you can head back to Copper where you should now see the ‘Get Started’ button. Once you hit the button, you're good to go!
Why is a security check required to install the app?
This is purely to safeguard your Square account and ensure only verified admin users have the ability to perform authorization and revoke functions of the Copper Square App.
I can't see my contact in the 'Bill To' drop down.
Make sure the Copper Person you are trying to invoice is first set up as a Customer in your Square Account (with matching email addresses).
Once done, you'll see the Person appear in the 'Bill To' field in the Copper Square App.
What does 'Save as Draft' mean?
Describe the item or answer the question so that site visitors who are interested get more information. You can emphasize this text with bullets, italics or bold, and add links.
Have a question that's not covered above? Get in touch with our integration partner to discuss your situation and see how they can help.