With the App Connector, you can sync WordPress form fills to People & Leads in Copper, record the form submissions and track web visits.
Supported WordPress forms:
- Elementor Forms
- Contact Form 7
- Gravity Forms
This article explains how to set up the connection.
Connecting your WordPress form to Copper via App Connector
- In the Copper web app, click on Marketing Tools in the left navigation bar. Then select App Connector.
- Then, select the WordPress form, click authenticate and follow the on-screen instructions. This will include:
- Installing the Outfunnel WordPress plugin
- Add the tracking ID, account email, API key and activate the plugin
- Confirm the installation and then click on Create connection.
- Select the form you'd like to track and select which fields or custom fields you’d like to sync to Copper with field mapping. If the field does not yet exist in Copper, you need to pre-create this first.
- Finally, define how you’d like form submissions to be recorded in Copper.
- Click on Activate to put the connection live. Fill in a test submission to see the information appear Copper. The form submission is recorded within 30 seconds:
Tips, observations, and useful definitions
💡 App Connector creates a "Form Fill" activity automatically. Once a form is filled, a "Form Fill" activity is recorded including the submission details
💡 App Connector initiates web tracking from form fills. If you added the tracking code to the WordPress plugin, Outfunnel initiates web tracking from a form fill.
💡 App Connector creates a Lead in your CRM if a Lead does not yet exist. If you have Leads disabled a Person will be created. Data from all the fields will be synced over according to your field mapping.
💡 Existing fields are not updated. If the person or lead already exists, the fields will not be updated. The full form submission is available in the created activity.
💡 Edit settings any time. You can change these settings at any time by clicking on the Edit button on the Connection under App Connector.
Troubleshooting the connection
No forms show in the selector even if you have forms created.
This usually happens due to the following reasons:
- Your website or WordPress uses a firewall that blocks incoming requests that the app connector makes. Please whitelist IP 184.108.40.206 and Port 443 that the system uses to make requests.
- A WordPress plugin has disabled REST API that is used to query forms. These plugins are usually optimization plugins like Perfmatters. To resolve, simply enable REST API through the plugin settings.
Form submit activities are not created.
The App Connector creates the Form Submit activity automatically and records the activity under the contact that matches the email that was used in the form.
- If you don't see the activities, please ensure you have less than 25 activity types
Please contact our support team for any issues.
Have feedback or questions?
We'd love to hear from you in the Community! Hear from our success team and other customers or post a question or idea!