Copper @mention feature allows you to easily communicate with your team members by tagging them when you create a new note or activity in the activity log of a record. This works on the web application, the Chrome extension, and the mobile app.
In this module, we'll tackle the following:
Each individual record's page has an activity log. This applies to leads, people, companies, opportunities, projects and tasks. When you create a new activity or internal note in the activity log, you can @mention a colleague who needs to be aware of it or take action on it. The result is a notification to the @mentioned user, via the app and via email.
There are many reasons why you might want to pull a colleague into a conversation.
For example, let's say a person is about to sign a contract. The Sales Rep who gave them the contract now needs the finance team to convert their free trial into a paid account. The sales rep also needs need our Customer Success Team to reach out and provide onboarding.
The Sales Rep could go into the person record, and log an activity in which they @mention someone on the finance team and @mention someone on the Customer Success Team to take the required actions.
- Sign into your Copper account, and select Leads, People, Companies, Opportunities or Projects from the left-hand menu.
- In the center of the page, you'll see an option to 'Log Activity' above the activity stream. Next to that is the option to 'Create Note.'
- If you want to log an activity:
- Click 'To Do' to choose the correct activity type.
- In the activity log input field, type in “@” followed by name(s) of the user(s) you wish to tag. You'll see a list of matching users as you type letters after the "@." Choose the name of the user in your system. If the user is not in Copper or does not have visibility permissions, the tag will remain as plain text and the user will not receive any notifications.
- Click 'Enter' on your keyboard to save your note to the activity log.
If you want to create a note:
Click the 'Create Note' in page tab above the activity log.
When adding the text of your note, type in “@” followed by name(s) of the user(s) you wish to tag. You'll see a list of matching users as you type letters after the "@." Choose the name of the user in your system. If the user is not in Copper or does not have visibility permissions, the tag will remain as plain text and the user will not receive any notifications.
Click 'Enter' on your keyboard to save your note to the activity log.
When someone @mentions you in an activity, you'll receive notifications via email or in app on the top right corner of Copper web app.
This is what @mentions look like in the Copper app (highlighted in red):
This is what the email notifications look like:
By default, you will receive a notification (via email, in app and mobile) if someone @mentions you. If you do not wish to be notified when someone @mentions you, follow the instructions below:
- Sign into Copper and click 'Settings' from the lefthand menu.
- Under 'Preferences,' choose 'Notifications'.
- Uncheck all or some of the three boxes to the right of the 'Someone mentions me' setting.
4. Your changes will auto-save.
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.