Email tracking can be affected by a number of different things. Emails will only track if you are signed into the extension when in Gmail, or if you are sending an email from Copper.
If you are seeing issues with email tracking, please try these steps and see if they work!
A. Clear your cache:
- In the Chrome menu, go to 'Preferences' ⇨ 'Privacy' ⇨ 'Clear Browsing Data'
- Have these ticked:
- Choose 'Since the beginning of time'
- Cookies and other site and plugin data
- Hosted app data
- Click 'Clear browsing data'
- In the Chrome menu, go to 'Preferences' ⇨ 'About' ⇨ make sure Chrome is updated
- Quit and reopen Chrome
- Try sending an email with email tracking and see if it works
B. Try reinstalling our Extension: Go to Chrome menu ⇨ 'Preferences' ⇨ 'Extensions' ⇨ Click the trash icon next to the Copper extension ⇨ Scroll down to add more extensions ⇨ re-add the Copper Extension.
C. If this does not work, these things can disable our Extension. Please try disabling them.
- Google labs
- Any non Google extensions -- it is recommended you try turning them off one by one to see which one could be interfering with our extension.
To find your extensions, go to Chrome -> Window -> Extensions
You can also go to this web address in Chrome: chrome://extensions
Toggle the other extensions off and try sending an email to your personal email to see if it tracks. This is what it looks like when an extension is toggled off:
D. Log into Copper -> Go to Settings -> Email Settings -> Make sure this box is checked -> "Track when emails are opened by default"
E. In Gmail, test sending an email and confirm that the box is automatically checked for email tracking. See if it is received and tracked.
F. Do you have an ad blocker on in your browser? If so, please turn it off. Email tracking will also not work if the person you are writing to has an ad blocker turned on.
G. Do you have an email signature turned on? If so, delete it, re-add it. Then try tracking an email again and see if it works. This is a known issue.
H. Other reasons why email tracking could not work:
- Did you send the email while in incognito mode? It will also not work if your customer is receiving the email in incognito mode.
- Did you send it through your mobile device? If so, it will not track if you send it through mobile.
- Did the person who received it turn their images off in gmail? If so, email tracking will not work. We track emails by embedding an invisible image of a pixel and if the person you are sending to did not expand images in the email, it will not work.
I. Otherwise, I would recommend restarting your computer, installing updates, making sure you do not sign into too many applications, using ethernet instead of wifi and then if it still does not work, trying to reinstall Chrome.
H. If this does not solve your issue, please get the version of your extension for us.
Contact our support team using the in-app chat and include a screenshot of the extension. The version number will be showing and that is the information we need: