When you set an opportunity to 'Lost' in your pipeline, the system prompts you to add a 'Loss Reason.' These are sent to the in-app 'Loss Reasons' report, where you can gain meaningful insight into common reasons why you aren't able to close deals.
In this module, we'll tackle the following:
Copper is intended to help you sell more. If there are common reasons why you're losing opportunities in your pipeline, you surely want to know. Our 'Loss Reasons' field on an opportunity lets you indicate why it was lost. When you drag an opportunity into the 'Lost' box, you'll be prompted to fill it out. The reasons are collected in your 'Loss Reasons' report in Copper to help you highlight where to target your efforts.
Check out the gif below to see the workflow of losing an opportunity and setting a loss reason.
The default Loss Reasons are:
You can also add custom loss reasons to make the report more tailored to your use case.
- Sign into your Copper account, and click 'Opportunities' from the left-hand menu.
- Make sure you're in pipeline view by clicking the three horizontal lines icon in the upper right.
- Click and drag an opportunity toward the bottom of the page.
- You'll see three buttons appear: Lost, Abandoned and Won. Drag the opportunity over the red 'Lost' box and release your mouse.
- A 'Loss Reasons' box should appear. Choose your reason from the drop-down, and click 'Save.'
- Sign into your Copper account, and click 'Settings.'
- Choose 'Loss Reasons.'
- Click 'Add Loss Reason.'
- Give your new loss reason a name, and click 'Save.'
- Delete any of the default loss reasons you don't want to use by clicking the trash icon to the right of each listing.
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.