Check out this article for information on what we're doing and what you can do to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What is the GDPR?
The European Union is updating its data protection regulations to protect its citizens. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulates how companies access and process the data of people in the European Union (EU). This applies to all companies who do business with people that are EU citizens, regardless of where the company is based.
You can review details of how GDPR requires protection of personal data here.
How is Copper compliant with the GDPR?
Copper will comply with the GDPR when it goes into effect on May 25, 2018. This includes taking the following actions to protect our EU customers’ data:
- We will process data in compliance with the GDPR law.
- We will contractually require third-party providers to comply with data protection laws.
- We will disclose a list of all third-party providers we work with who may access customer data.
- We will use safeguards to protect customer data.
- We will provide privacy and information training to all employees interacting with customer data.
- We will maintain a security incident response program.
- We will be regularly audited by a third party to test our vulnerability risks.
Where can I get more information?
You’re always invited to ask questions in our community. You’ll receive an answer from fellow customers or our Customer Success Team.
To learn more about this topic, visit eugdpr.org.
How can I view and sign your Data Processing Agreement (DPA)?
You can review all this and more by reviewing our Data Processing Agreement (DPA) which is attached at the bottom of this article. This document tells our customers what we are doing to protect their data.
To complete the DPA, please download and sign the attached version, then email the signed copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note our company name recently changed to Copper Inc., but legally we are still ProsperWorks Inc.. The name reflected on our DPA will be updated once that legally changes.