In this article, we’ll go over how to start adding contacts to Copper without ever leaving Gmail.
- Make sure that you have the Chrome extension installed in your browser.
- With the extension open, hover your cursor over the email address of the contact that you’d like add from your Gmail inbox.
- Watch as the extension navigates to one of two places.
- If the email address in question already exists in Copper, the extension will bring you to the associated record.
- If the the email address in question is a new address that doesn’t exist yet in Copper, the extension will ask you if you’d like to add the contact as either Person or Lead using the dropdown box.
- Copper will then use the email address to scrape the web for information such as a job title, contact info, website, social media profiles, and any company info we can find.
- Click “Add to Copper” and the extension will present you with additional fields that you can add information to.
- These details will include any Custom Fields and Required Fields that your administrator has set up in Copper.
- When you’re finished, click “Save” and you’ll be brought to the brand new record for your new contact.
Check out the animated GIF below to see this in action.