If you would like to use custom fields in Dashboards or Insights, you will first need to make them available in the Reports module.
To add custom fields to the Reports module:
- Open a dashboard and click on the gear icon in the top right corner. This will take you to a page called Configure Custom Fields.
- On the Configure Custom Fields page, select the record type that the custom field exists on (e.g. Leads, People, Companies, etc).
- You’ll see a section for Attribute fields and another for Metric fields. Attributes are qualitative pieces of data, such as text fields, dropdowns, and checkboxes. Metrics are quantitative pieces of data, such as number fields, currency fields, and percentages. Go to the relevant section for the custom field you have in mind and click “Add a Field.”
- Type in the name of your custom field and select it.
- Click on the Save Changes button in the bottom right corner.
- Note: Data for newly selected fields will not be available until after next data refresh.
Removing Custom Fields
WARNING: If you remove previously added custom fields from reporting, then they will be removed and reports and dashboards that currently use those fields will stop working or display inconsistencies. These changes cannot be undone.
To remove a custom field, simply click hover over it on the Custom Field Configuration page and click the X. Then press Save Changes in the bottom right corner of the page.
Currently, Reports does not support custom fields of the following types: Multi-Select Dropdown, Connect Field, Date Field, Text Area.
Custom Field Limits & Unsupported Fields
Reports can support up to 35 custom attributes and 10 custom metrics. Attributes are qualitative pieces of data, such as text fields, dropdowns, and checkboxes. Metrics are quantitative pieces of data, such as number fields, currency fields, and percentages.
You’re able to see how many attributes and metrics you have added on the configuration page. If you have reached the limit for custom attributes or metrics, consider removing the ones that are not being used in your Dashboards or Insights. Note that removing a custom field that is being used on a Dashboard or Insight, those views will stop working or display inconsistencies. Ensure that the custom field you are removing is not being used before you remove it.
Custom field data is refreshed once per day, along with the default field data. Data for newly selected fields will not be available until after next data refresh.