Multi-select fields are a type of custom field you can create in Copper. A multi-select field is a drop-down menu that lets you make more than one selection at a time.
This is helpful for things like selling multiple products, types of industries a company is in, languages spoken by a contact, countries a company operates in and so much more.
As shown below, once your custom field is set-up, you will see a drop down menu appear within that option. You can now select multiple options within the same field.
As an admin:
- You can create and delete a custom field where users can select multiple options, in order to track different variables within the same category that apply to a record.
- You can select multiple options from a multi-select custom field on Lead, People, Companies, Opportunities, Task and Projects in the web app, in order to accurately keep track of records.
- After you have created the field, you can go back and re-arrange the options in any order you choose, or order them alphabetically!
As a user:
- You can include multi-select fields during a data import, in order to import relevant details about records. When importing XYZ, multi-select options need to be in the same cell separated by a ";".
- You can bulk update multi-select custom fields. When bulk updating, the existing options are replaced by the ones being added in bulk.
- You will see multi-select fields data included in your data exports.
- You can see multi-select fields data included in my Google Sheets Add-On exports.
- You will have access to the multi-select fields in the API, in order to have access to that information as part of third party integrations.
The easiest way to create a multi-select field is while viewing a record:
You can also create one from your Copper settings:
- From the Copper web app, select 'Settings' from the left-hand menu.
- Choose 'Field Settings' from the 'Customize Copper section.
- Across the top of the page, click the record type (leads, people, companies, opportunities, projects and tasks) you'd like to create a field for.
- Click the blue 'Add Field' button.
- In the pop-up window that appears, make sure the 'Create new field' checkbox is checked, and choose 'Multi-Select Field' from the 'Type' drop-down menu.
- Give your field a name, and click 'Create Field.'
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.