Your Copper account is synced to Google Suite, so you get to enjoy many of the features included.
In this module, we'll tackle the following:
Anyone you email with who is not already a lead or person in Copper will be sent to a 'Suggested Contacts' file in your dashboard. You can choose to add them as a person. After they've been added, any emails you exchange will be synced to their person record.
To convert a suggested contact to a person, follow the steps below:
- Sign into your Copper account, and click 'Dashboard' from the left-hand menu.
- Scroll down to the 'Suggested Contacts' box, and click the blue 'Add' button to the right of any contact you'd like to add:
Now that this contact is in your system, you may want to see if they've read your emails. This is helpful in determining how to follow up, or whether email is even the best way to contact this person.
To review your tracked emails, follow the steps below:
- Sign into your Copper account, and click 'My Tracked Emails' from the left-hand menu.
- The email tracking information you see can tell you a lot. Let's review:
On the left-hand side of the listed emails, you'll see color-coded envelopes. Each color tells you something:
- Green: The recipient has opened your email.
- Yellow: The recipient has not yet opened your email.
- Gray: You have muted notifications about this email.
On the right-hand side of the listed emails, you'll see color-coded locks. Each color tells you something:
- Green: This email exchange is public, meaning every admin and user in Copper can see it.
- Red: This email exchange is private, meaning only you and admins in Copper can see it.
In addition to emailing this person, you might also want to schedule time to chat in person or by phone. You may want to remind yourself to call the contact by creating a task, or you may want to send the contact an invitation by creating a calendar event. Either way, both will sync to Google Calendar. Calendar events will also be logged in the activity feed as a completed event.
To activate the task sync, follow the steps below:
- Sign into your Copper account, and click 'Settings' from the left-hand menu.
- Click 'Google Sync Settings' from the 'Preferences' page.
- Check the box to 'Sync Copper Tasks to my Google Calendar':
To sync a task to your calendar that only you can see, follow the steps below:
- Sign into your Copper account, and click 'Tasks' from the left-hand menu.
- Click the blue 'Add New' button across the top of the Tasks landing page.
- In the box that appears, give your task a name since that's the only required field.
- Scroll down to the line that says, 'Due Date.' Here, you can choose the due date from a calendar. Next to that, you can choose the time the task is due:
- Fill in any additional fields to help give context to your task, and click 'Save.'
- Open Google Calendar, and ensure the 'Copper Reminders' calendar is checked under 'My Calendars' on the left.
- Scroll to the date and time of your task in Google Calendar to confirm the task sync is working.
To sync a calendar event to your calendar that you and your contact can see, follow the steps below:
- Sign into your Copper account, and click the record type (leads, people, companies or opportunities) you want to associate this calendar event to.
- Click the name of the specific record you want to add this calendar event to.
- On the right-hand side of the record's profile (also known as the 'Related' section), you'll see a Calendar Events section.
- Click the plus sign to the right of the 'Calendar Events' section.
- Fill in the details of the Google Calendar event template, and click 'Save' when you're done. This will prompt you to click 'Send' so the invite is sent to your contact as well:
- You'll be returned to your Google Calendar, where you can review and confirm the event.
Advance to the next topic: Perfect your Communication Strategy