We have created a quick video guide on how simple it is to use Zapier with Copper and Google Forms.
Please note that you'll need a Professional or Business tier subscription to connect Zapier to your Copper account.
1. Create a Google form that collects data in a Google sheet.
When you have added questions to your form, make sure you click the green plus icon to "Create Spreadsheet"
2. After you have created a form that records responses in a Google Spreadsheet, create a Zapier connection with your Copper account by starting a free Zapier trial.
3. When you have a Zapier account, click "Make a Zap!"
4. Search for Google Forms
5. Click "New Response in Spreadsheet"
6. Click "Save + Continue"
7. Click "Connect a New Account"
8. Connect your Google form spreadsheet and worksheet (tab) name and hit "Continue"
9. Zapier will ask you to make a test form entry
10. Go to your Google form and click the eye icon so it says "Preview" when you hover over it
11. Fill out the form with dummy information and click "Submit"
12. Go back to Zapier and click "Fetch & Continue"
13. When it returns test successful, click "view your response in spreadsheet"
14. Remember the name of the form entry
15. Hit continue
16. For the next Action App, search for Copper
17. Select "Create/Update Lead"
18. Connect your Copper account
19. Go to the "Edit Template"
20. First step is the match by type: you can choose name or email (this is to avoid creating duplicates in Copper)
21. Then click the icon:
22. Drop down options will appear
23. Select the email address from the Google form
24. Fill out the rest of the Zap
25. Click "Continue"
26. Hit "Create & Continue"
27. Click "view your lead"
Remember the ID
Find the lead in Copper by Name and confirm the ID
If it created successfully, you can go to Zapier, and select "Finish" and you are done!
Full Zap looks like this:
We also have a create/update lead action available. Here is an example of how to use it. I have also put a filter in there, but the filter is not necessary. You will have to match by email. Note: Leads must have a name. If your leads do not have a name, it will error out. I recommend putting name in the "Full Name" section. If you can not see this image, please zoom in on your screen.
You can also use create/update person instead: