You may get requests from customers to delete their data from Copper. Depending on the request or on the scenario, you may need to take different steps. This article outlines some common scenarios around data deletion, and how you can take action:
To delete the user's record:
- Sign into Copper.
- Click the record type in question.
- Search for the contact, and click to open their profile.
- Click the three vertical dots in the upper right of the 'Details' section of the contact's profile.
- Choose the 'Delete' option.
- A pop-up window will appear asking if you're sure you want to delete this user. Click 'OK.'
- Sign into your Copper account.
- Select the record type this person's data is listed under (most likely 'Leads' or 'People')
- Search for the contact and click to open their profile.
- Click on an activity in the log to expand it.
- Click the option to 'Delete' the activity:
When a free trial expires, there is no need to cancel the account since you did not enter a credit card during setup. We will automatically delete your account and associated data within 180 days of your trial expiring. If you have further questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our article on 'Bulk Editing your Records' outlines how to delete records in bulk. Just remember that deleting a record doesn't delete tracked emails associated with that record. If you need to delete a bunch of records and their associated data, you can use the bulk delete feature for the records, but you'll have to manually delete the associated tracked emails before or after you bulk delete the records.
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.