Embedded Integrations lets you easily display an integration you've built in the Copper web app. Working with our SDK, you can create and embed your own app in Copper in just a few clicks. In this module, we'll tackle the following:
Understand embedded integrations
Many businesses run on or with multiple software tools. Our embedded integrations platform lets you add another tool's data or functionality to Copper. This could be an integration with your marketing automation, customer service tool, home grown software, or custom software.
You will need to build the integration yourself using our SDK and an app-hosting platform like AWS, GCP, etc. Our embedded integrations functionality lets you connect your pre-built integration to the Copper web app. You can display your integration in one of three places: The activity panel of a record, the action bar for your whole account, or a record's sidebar.
There are a few things to consider when setting out to use this feature:
- You must be on the Business Subscription.
- You must have the developer resources to build the app yourself.
- The app must relate to a Copper record (i.e. leads, people, companies, opportunities, projects or tasks).
Add an embedded integration to Copper
- Sign into your Copper account, and click 'Settings' from the left-hand menu.
- Select 'Integrations.'
- Scroll down the page to the 'Embedded Apps' section.
- Click the plus sign in the dotted-lined box.
- Fill out the pop-up window that appears. We'll break down each section below:
- Name: What is the name of your integration? This will display in the Copper web app wherever your integration appears.
- URL: Add the URL to your integration.
- Add to: Check a box for each record type this integration should relate to.
- Locations: Choose where this integration will display in the web app. You have three options: The activity panel of a record, the action bar for your whole account, or a record's sidebar.
- Config Section: Optionally pass different configurations to your app. You can see examples here.
- Click 'Save.'
- Now navigate back to the area of Copper where you embedded the app to see it displayed.
Example: How to embed a Google Data Studio Report in Copper
Open up Google Data Studio and go to a report
Make sure you are in Edit mode (if it says "Edit," click it)
Click the person icon with the plus sign. When you hover over it, it will say, "Share the Report"
Change your sharing settings so anyone can view it with the link and hit Done
Copy the URL
Go to Settings -> Integrations -> scroll to bottom -> Embedded Apps -> Create a new one
Paste the URL in the URL section. Select where you would like it to appear. Here I have selected "Left Navigation."
When you hit save, it should look like this:
Now you should see it in your Left Navigation bar
Click on it and see if you can see your Data Studio report!