This article will show you how to update your person records with company data. In this article, I will show you how to update the person record. This is an advanced article and assumes you know how to use Zapier.
At the end of this article, all your new person records will have the company address in them IF each person has a company when created and your company names are unique
Note: This zap will only work if:
- each new person record has a company on it
- Your company names are unique; there are no duplicate company names. If this is not the case, you cannot use this zap. Please make all your company names unique.
1. Go to Copper and make sure you have created a new person that has a company
2. Open Zapier select add a zap
3. Search Copper
4. Select "New Person"
5. Connect your account
6. Select continue
7. Select Copper again
8. Select create/update company
9. Select the Copper account you linked
10. Select match by type "name"
11. Select the icon
12. Select Company Name
13. So far it should look like this
14. For Name select Company Name again
15. So far it looks like this:
16. Scroll the bottom and hit
17. Scroll to the bottom again and hit
18. If it was successful, you should see a view like this:
19. Click Add a Step
20. Search for Copper again
21. Select create/update person
22. Connect your Copper account again and hit save and continue at the bottom
23. Pass in full name from step 1
It will look like this when you are done:
24. Pass in Primary E-mail from Step 1
It will look like this when done:
25. Scroll down to where you see
26. Type in street where it says search
27. Select "Address Street" from step 2
28. It will look like this
29. For City, select "Address City"
30. Fill in the rest so it looks like this
Make sure you select overwrite
31. When you are done making it look like above, hit
32. Then hit
33. If it was successful, it should look like this:
34. Select Finish
You are done! From now on, all your new person records will have the company address in them IF each person has a company when created and your company names are unique
If you have any questions, please contact our support team using the in-app chat.